Friday, August 1, 2014

Being tested

I recently walked thru something that was different for me.

It's a place where a lot of grey areas lie for me. A place I'm unsure of. I am inexperienced and unprepared. 

I found myself being pulled in three different directions at the same time. 

My flesh was pulling to satisfy my body's cravings. 

My heart was longing to satisfy my hearts desires. 

And my head. It was screaming at me to be careful, because I was treading on dangerous ground. To slow down. 

This pulling is not unusual for me. 
Often times the pull is stronger to one area than the other. 

This situation, however had me on high alert in all 3 areas. 

Unsure which way to go, I started to stumble and even fell. 
After my knees hit the ground, my eyes went up. 
And I cried out to The Lord for help. 

Not only does He forgive me when I ask, He also picked me back up and put me back on the path. 
He held out His hand and offered to guide me. 
He walked beside me and comforted me. 
He told me to stop beating myself up over something He no longer remembered. He had forgiven me, now I needed to forgive myself. 

My hope is restored. My faith is strong. 

I believe He has the best plans for me. 

I still feel the pulling but the one I'm letting lead is my spirit. 
My spirit cries out for more of The Lord. It hungers for relationship with the Father. 

I'm sure you have heard it said to "follow your heart" but I disagree. My heart in this circumstance was wrong! 
My head was the closest to being right, but still off. 

I drug myself thru way more emotional roller coasters than I needed to, why? 

Because I wasn't listening to the Holy Spirit. 
He was sent as my comforter, my guide. Yet when I needed guidance I looked to myself and fell. 

Thank you Jesus for more chances! 


No comments:

Post a Comment